Version number: CT102
Effective date: 20/11/2020
Who we are
We are CT24 Solutions UK Ltd. For privacy queries, you can contact us at email@example.com Other contact details are on our website.
- It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information via our website or otherwise. Please only use our service if you are completely happy with this policy.
- Generally, the policy covers only information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
Might the policy change?
Please check it whenever you visit our website. We will assume you agree to the new version of the policy if you use the site after its effective date. We may also notify you of any changes by email.
What information do we collect?
- The information which you upload to our service or otherwise give us such as:
- your name and contact details;
- other information you provide when you register with us or later such as your date of birth and passport number;
- similar information about other people included in your booking;
- details about your transactions on our service;
- contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing.
- Your test results.
- Automated information about your use of our service such as: the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the site from which you arrived at our service, details of your activity with date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
- The following information about you may be provided to us by other people:
- Limited billing information sent to us by our payment provider for verification purposes e.g., your name, email address and billing address.
What’s our reason / legal basis for collecting the information?
- Because it’s necessary to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with you and/or to perform such a contract. This applies to initial enquiries and to contact and transaction details.
- Because it’s in our “legitimate interests”, e.g., to manage and improve our service including tracking usage patterns and preventing or detecting fraud or abuse. This applies to automated usage data.
- Because you’ve specifically agreed on our service (e.g, by ticking a consent box). This applies to contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing. You can withdraw permission at any time as explained on our service or by emailing us at the above email address.
How long do we keep personal information
- Until your our contract with you has ended or you ask us to delete the information by emailing us at the above email address.
- We may hold on to some (or all) of your information for longer (typically up to seven years) if reasonably needed for legal, regulatory or tax reasons, deal with disputes, prevent fraud or abuse and/or enforce our terms and conditions.
- We will keep your information which we use only for newsletters or other marketing until you tell us to stop sending you such messages.
- We will generally keep automated browsing information for up to 26 months.
To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
- To other people who supply us with a service, e.g., couriers and fulfilment companies, website hosts, payment providers, and businesses which help us send communications or monitor our website and which provide us with e-commerce, online advertising, analytics, social media and other IT services.
- To regulators, the police and other law enforcement authorities to help deal with fraud and abuse and/or comply with legal requirements.
- To insurers and professional advisers in connection with our insurance cover or to deal with legal claims.
- To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
Do we send your information outside the UK or European Economic Area (EEA)
- Your personal information which we collect is stored within the UK or EEA and is not transferred to any third countries except as follows.
- Your personal information (e.g., name, email address, IP address, browsing information) may be transferred to the US by the following companies: Google / Facebook / Microsoft (analytics / advertising), and the social media companies listed under “cookies” below. Transfer is generally on the basis of contracts with special standard contractual clauses designed to provide adequate safeguards for your personal information. Some of these companies were certified under the “Privacy Shield” framework which is no longer applicable due to a court decision; we understand that the authorities are working on a replacement and we aim to update our policy to reflect this in due course.
What rights do you have
- If the legal requirements are met: To ask us for access to your personal information, to rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete it or restrict its use in certain circumstances or to “data portability” or to withdraw any consent you’ve given (e.g. marketing).
- You may also have the right to object to use of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us via the email address above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling your personal information in accordance with the law, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- For more information about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: ico.org.uk.